Jesus Is Lord, A Worshipping Christian's Blog

Given to the worship of our Lord, Jesus Christ, who came to earth, lived sinless, died as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, was raised from the dead and rules from heaven at the right hand of God. All comments are welcome (keep them civil). You may post questions, prayer request and comments about almost anything. Please sign my guestbook.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". John 14:6

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." John 9:36-37

Jesus is Lord - A Worshipping Christian's Blog has moved. If you are not automatically redirected, please click here.

Jesus is Lord - How To Be Saved

Verse of the Day


Lookup a word or passage in the Bible


BibleGateway.com
Google

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

'A Charlie Brown Christmas' Still Leads Holiday TV Pack After 40 Years

I don't know about you, but I grew up with these wonderful Christmas shows. Fox News reports that they are still very popular.

LOS ANGELES — Good grief, network executives said when they first saw Charles Schulz's "A Charlie Brown Christmas."
"They thought it was too slow," executive producer Lee Mendelson recalls being told by the powers-that-were at CBS in 1965.
But the special was an instant hit with critics and audiences. Forty years later, its ruminations on the spirit of Christmas, backed by a lilting jazz score by
Vince Guaraldi, remain fresh and affecting.
Schulz, the creator of
Charlie Brown and the rest of the "Peanuts" comic strip gang, never doubted that the program he'd written was good, Mendelson said. Schulz, who died in 2000, considered it his favorite of the "Peanuts" TV specials.
"I guess you can have an animated scene where you have a kid read from the Bible," Mendelson said of the show, in which Charlie is depressed by the commercialization of Christmas until he is reminded of its unchanged meaning.
The sermon falls to Linus. "I can tell you what Christmas is about," he says, recounting the story of Christ's birth and ending with, "Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, goodwill toward men."


The rest of the article goes on to list a good portion of the Christmas shows that will be airing this season. I recommend printing the article and keeping it for future reference.
Let's continue to support these wonderful Christmas Classics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home