Jesus Is Lord, A Worshipping Christian's Blog

Given to the worship of our Lord, Jesus Christ, who came to earth, lived sinless, died as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, was raised from the dead and rules from heaven at the right hand of God. All comments are welcome (keep them civil). You may post questions, prayer request and comments about almost anything. Please sign my guestbook.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". John 14:6

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." John 9:36-37

Jesus is Lord - A Worshipping Christian's Blog has moved. If you are not automatically redirected, please click here.

Jesus is Lord - How To Be Saved

Verse of the Day


Lookup a word or passage in the Bible


BibleGateway.com
Google

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

American Family Association: Viewer Says We Were Wrong! Book of Daniel Is Worse Than We Reported!

The latest news from the AFA concerning the NBC show "The Book of Daniel" (which I did not watch).

The Book of Daniel was aired by NBC on Friday night. Several NBC affiliates did not carry the program including those in Beaumont, TX; Tupelo, MS; Meridian, MS, Little Rock, AR; and Terre Haute, IN. In addition, NBC lost several million dollars when advertisers pulled out. NBC ended up selling the time for pennies on the dollar. The review below before sums up the emails we received by those who watched the program.
"I watched the Book of Daniel show on NBC tonight just so I could see if it was as bad as you said. Mr. Wildmon you have it wrong - it was worse than you described. The so called pastor takes drugs, smokes, drinks, takes the Lord's name in vain. He supports homosexuality and drug use. He broke the law by giving out prescription drugs to a Bishop. Two Bishops were committing adultery. They mis-quoted the Bible. The program portrayed our Savior in a joking way. There was a corrupt Catholic priest. The maid smokes pot. The Bishop drinks, the pastor's wife is a drunk and her sister is a lesbian and the son is a homosexual. One son sleeps around. I found this program very offensive to my Christian beliefs. They were poking fun at our Savior."WBIR in Knoxville invited ministers in to see the program. Here are some of their comments. Rev. Brian Kearns, minister of Lighthouse Christian Church: "I think it's very demeaning to Christianity. If this is their view of Christianity, it's going to be as a joke. It's an assault on the Christian faith." Rev. Tom Seay, pastor Bearden United Methodist Church: "It's just a pretty sorry piece of work." Dale Powers from the Catholic Diocese of Knoxville: "You're portraying something as normal that is just absurd." Rev. John Stuart (no church identified): "Christ is at the center of my worship. What the show has done is demean my faith. You've diminished the person I worship...you've wounded me." These comments are typical of those who watched the first episode. Since the tone and content of the show is now known, call your NBC affiliate and ask them not to carry any more episodes of the program. Very important: Ask your local advertisers to pull their adverting from your NBC affiliate if they continue to air the program.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading the AFA's comments and what some pastors from Knoxville said about the show, I am even more determined to boycott NBC as well as the advertisers who bought air time during this show. Apparently several advertisers pulled out and made NBC sell air time during the show for very little money. If this continues, NBC will have no choice but to pull the plug on Daniel and his freak show family.

1/10/2006 01:32:00 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

My hope is that it won't last long. It was a double edged sword for me because I wondered if I had the "right" to run it down without ever having seen it, but then I also didn't want to show any sign of supporting it by watching it. I took the latter course and didn't watch it at all.

1/10/2006 01:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home