Jesus Is Lord, A Worshipping Christian's Blog

Given to the worship of our Lord, Jesus Christ, who came to earth, lived sinless, died as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, was raised from the dead and rules from heaven at the right hand of God. All comments are welcome (keep them civil). You may post questions, prayer request and comments about almost anything. Please sign my guestbook.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". John 14:6

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." John 9:36-37

Jesus is Lord - A Worshipping Christian's Blog has moved. If you are not automatically redirected, please click here.

Jesus is Lord - How To Be Saved

Verse of the Day


Lookup a word or passage in the Bible


BibleGateway.com
Google

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

First TBN drops Lindsey, now Lindsey drops TBN

Good for him. I guess even Christian networks can censor their content. Probably is a good move on his part though.

Hal Lindsey, considered the best-selling non-fiction writer alive today, has notified the Trinity Broadcasting Network he will not return to his twice-weekly Christian commentary program, "The International Intelligence Briefing," because of what he considers to be efforts to muzzle his opinions about radical Islam.
Lindsey, author of "The Late Great Planet Earth" and many other best-selling books and a
weekly columnist for WND, has anchored the program for the last 12 years on the world's largest Christian network.
The announcement follows an abrupt six-week suspension of the popular TBN-sponsored program by Jan Crouch, TBN's vice president for programming.
Though John Casoria, TBN's general counsel
first told WorldNetDaily the show's suspension was simply a traditional hiatus in lieu of seasonal programming, that statement was later revised to confirm that the network believed Lindsey's program "placed Arabs in a negative light."
Lindsey responded to this allegation: "I don't have to cast radical Muslims in a bad light. If the intimidation and persecution of moderate Muslims makes radical Islam look bad, that is because it is bad – not that I 'cast' them in a bad light. But I have never cast the Arabs as a race in a bad light."
"I also seek to show that radical Islam poses the greatest danger ever faced by the United States," he added. "I believe that God called me as 'a watchman on the wall' to warn America and I must obey – although it is sometimes unpopular."
On the other hand, Casoria told WND he believes the extremists are not Muslims at all but have "hijacked the religion."
Lindsey contends that "the extremists are the ones most literally following the Quran and the Hadith, which are the most holy and authoritative books of the Muslim religion. This is why violence has erupted from Muslims in virtually every century since its birth."


Read the rest of the article here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home