Jesus Is Lord, A Worshipping Christian's Blog

Given to the worship of our Lord, Jesus Christ, who came to earth, lived sinless, died as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, was raised from the dead and rules from heaven at the right hand of God. All comments are welcome (keep them civil). You may post questions, prayer request and comments about almost anything. Please sign my guestbook.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". John 14:6

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." John 9:36-37

Jesus is Lord - A Worshipping Christian's Blog has moved. If you are not automatically redirected, please click here.

Jesus is Lord - How To Be Saved

Verse of the Day


Lookup a word or passage in the Bible


BibleGateway.com
Google

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Re-Post: Deep Thoughts with Jen

I haven't had a real heart to heart post in some time - so if you were holding your breath, first of all, please don't ever do that again, and second of all, here ya go, but really - don't ever do that again! Anyway, I've been thinking a lot lately about stewardship. Have you ever thought about stewardship outside of the context of just money? I know that often times there are churches that park too long on this topic and send out a wrong message that says, "Hey, we don't really care about you, but give us your money!" But, really, stewardship extends past just money. It includes money, but it includes a lot of other things too, for instance, things you own, relationships, TIME, ministry, your health, jobs, well . . . everything, really! I am completely challenged in this area of my life. I want to be a good steward over everything that God has put into my hands.

God's Word is very clear about these things. Ecclesiates 9:10 says, "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might . . ." What does that mean to you? To me, it is very obvious that it means I need to examine ALL that God has put into my hands and ask the Father to help me to best manage it! Let's dig deeper! 1Cor. 10:31 says, "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." This passage isn't just about your diet, but it does include your diet. (Side note: PEOPLE - God gave you this one vessel! Take care of it! Be good to your body and it will be good to you!) Notice that we see the same word ALL! Just as God wants our everything, our everything should be given to God for His glory! The only reason that God gives you anything is because He wants to bless you and in turn you should use it to glorify Him! WHAT IS IN MY HANDS, OH LORD, THAT YOU WANT ME TO USE TO GLORIFY YOU?!

Think about this passage. Luk 16:10, "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much." Think about that for just a second, let is really sink in. Do you think that it's possible that you are waiting for God's blessings to pour out over you, but He's waiting to give them to you because He wants you to take care of the little things first, so that you can be trusted to be a good steward over the larger blessings? Is it possible? I think that is definately is in my own life! I can picture God just standing over me with His hands FULL with my hearts every desire as I sit here trying to make the simple decision whether or not to get out of bed and accomplish something or just lie there for a few more minutes. That may not sound like that big of a deal to you and maybe it's dramtic to say that fullfilling God's destiny for me hinges on the time that I wake up in the morning. It probably doesn't, thank you Lord, because His grace covers things like that. BUT! This is just an example of the way that I see this passage being illustrated.

God has SO much that He wants to see me accomplish for His purpose in my life and for His name to be exhalted by that purpose, but until I can manage success in the little tasks that He gives me, I am not qualified to take on the bigger roles that He has for me later in life. So, pray for me, Brothers and Sisters! Pray for each other. God has a purpose and a destiny mapped out in each of our lives - it's our job and mission to fullfill that to the fullest, otherwise God can't recieve the fullest honor, praise, and glory that He is fully deserving of! God bless you all!

posted by JEN @ 3:27 PM

(Join me in praying for this Dear Sister in Christ. -ed.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home