Jesus Is Lord, A Worshipping Christian's Blog

Given to the worship of our Lord, Jesus Christ, who came to earth, lived sinless, died as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, was raised from the dead and rules from heaven at the right hand of God. All comments are welcome (keep them civil). You may post questions, prayer request and comments about almost anything. Please sign my guestbook.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". John 14:6

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." John 9:36-37

Jesus is Lord - A Worshipping Christian's Blog has moved. If you are not automatically redirected, please click here.

Jesus is Lord - How To Be Saved

Verse of the Day


Lookup a word or passage in the Bible


BibleGateway.com
Google

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Pennsylvania Sept. 11 Memorial Redesigned

For those of you who missed it, the image to the right was the original proposed design for the September 11th, Flight 93 Memorial in
Pennsylvania. They called it the "The Crescent of Embrace". Now I don't know about you, but if radical islamic terrorist had highjacked a flight with my relatives on it and we knew that the symbol of islam is the crescent, I would think that the last thing we would want a memorial to be shaped like would be a crescent. But that just me...or is it.

It seems like the memorial has been redesigned after a grass roots protest (much of it from the blogshere). Of course the artist and related people couldn't see the problem, but then we have learned to expect that.

The good news is that the design has been changed to a bowl instead of a cresent.
(I haven't been able to find a picture of the new design yet).

Read the article
here.

History Links:
Michelle Malkin
Michelle Malkin
Little Green Footballs
Little Green Footballs
Little Green Footballs

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

It apparently hasn't been changed.

2/16/2006 09:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home