Jesus Is Lord, A Worshipping Christian's Blog

Given to the worship of our Lord, Jesus Christ, who came to earth, lived sinless, died as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, was raised from the dead and rules from heaven at the right hand of God. All comments are welcome (keep them civil). You may post questions, prayer request and comments about almost anything. Please sign my guestbook.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". John 14:6

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." John 9:36-37

Jesus is Lord - A Worshipping Christian's Blog has moved. If you are not automatically redirected, please click here.

Jesus is Lord - How To Be Saved

Verse of the Day


Lookup a word or passage in the Bible


BibleGateway.com
Google

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Ceremonies begin in U.K. for gay couples

I've commented about this numerous times. Just more of the slide down the moral slope to destruction. The Bible is very clear about this. No questions about it.

Belfast, Northern Ireland - Two lesbians became the first gay couple in the United Kingdom to win legal recognition under a civil partnership Monday, a ceremony that attracted scorn from evangelical Christian protesters but praise from gay- rights activists.
Grainne Close, a social worker from Northern Ireland, and Shannon Sickels, a playwright from New York, were the first of several hundred gay couples exchanging vows nationwide this week - including Elton John and his longtime partner.
"We are delighted. Here's to many more," Sickels said after she and Close became the first public celebrants of a legally binding gay partnership at Belfast City Hall.
Northern Ireland, which in 1982 was the last region in the United Kingdom to legalize homosexuality, is now the first to grant gay couples the same legal protections as married heterosexuals.
Scotland was to follow today, and England and Wales on Wednesday.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are such sweet love stories of people who just love each other - I almost have a tear in my eye when I read about it - NOT!!!! Puleeez! If this is not Sodom and Gomorrah , what is? Just what we need, more rights for more liberal, same-sex lovin', God-haters. The Lord has to be sitting on the edge of His seat ready to come and get us! Come soon, Lord Jesus, it's gettin' really bad down here.

12/21/2005 08:06:00 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

If the Bible wasn't so specific about this, maybe it would carry more weight with me, but the Bible is very specific. I will not, in any way, support the gay agenda. I love the sinner, but I hate the sin.

12/22/2005 06:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading the heartwarming (joke) story of Elton John's bachelor (ette) party, I am only reminded of the swiftly increasing moral decay in this world. Our world is changing so quickly for the worst. If you'll excuse me for saying.....uh, it's going to hell in a handbasket'

12/22/2005 05:31:00 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Yup, that's all we need is celebs lending Legitimacy to this lifestyle choice that is so anti-Christian.

12/22/2005 07:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home