Jesus Is Lord, A Worshipping Christian's Blog

Given to the worship of our Lord, Jesus Christ, who came to earth, lived sinless, died as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, was raised from the dead and rules from heaven at the right hand of God. All comments are welcome (keep them civil). You may post questions, prayer request and comments about almost anything. Please sign my guestbook.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". John 14:6

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." John 9:36-37

Jesus is Lord - A Worshipping Christian's Blog has moved. If you are not automatically redirected, please click here.

Jesus is Lord - How To Be Saved

Verse of the Day


Lookup a word or passage in the Bible


BibleGateway.com
Google

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Judge: Pa. Intelligent Design Mandate Unconstitutional

In my earlier post, I stated:
"I have to wonder if statistics was offered at the universities where the theory of evolution was taught. I ask this because anyone who has studied statistic can apply it to the probability of life being created by an accidental sequence of events. They will find that it is statistically impossible for life to have been created by accident.Don't throw out the intelligent design theory yet."

Now a federal judge in Pennsylvania apparently hasn't studied statistics either and has ruled that intelligent design cannot be taught in public school.

HARRISBURG, Pa. — A federal judge ruled Tuesday that "intelligent design" cannot be mentioned in biology classes in a Pennsylvania public school district.
The Dover Area School Board violated the Constitution when it ordered that its biology curriculum must include "intelligent design," the notion that life on Earth was produced by an unidentified intelligent cause, U.S. District Judge John E. Jones III ruled Tuesday.
Intelligent design is the theory that life on Earth was produced by an unidentified intelligent cause. The school board policy was believed to have been the first of its kind in the nation.
"It seems to me that a number of states and a number of school boards which may be considering something similar will be watching," Carl Tobias, a University of Richmond law professor, said before the ruling.
Lawyers for the school board had hoped Jones would limit the scope of his ruling to the board's motivation for adopting the curriculum change.
But attorneys for eight families suing to have intelligent design removed from the science curriculum wanted Jones to rule more broadly on the scientific validity of intelligent design.
The board's attorneys said members sought to improve science education by exposing students to alternatives to
Charles Darwin's theory of natural selection causing gradual changes over time; intelligent-design proponents argue that it cannot fully explain the existence of complex life forms.
The plaintiffs argued that intelligent design amounts to a secular repackaging of creationism, which the courts have already ruled cannot be taught in public schools.
The Dover policy, adopted in October 2004, requires students to hear a statement about intelligent design before ninth-grade biology lessons on evolution. The statement says Charles Darwin's theory is "not a fact," has inexplicable "gaps," and refers students to an intelligent-design textbook, "Of Pandas and People," for more information.


And we would expect something different from a liberal federal judge on the East Coast? It's better to push a flawed theory then open up minds to other equally plausable theories. This nonsense that it's "just religion under a different cover" is crazy.

I wouldn't be so upset about it if they would just teach evolution as a theory and not fact. But it's too much to ask for our liberal, anti-Christain education system to do that.

Read the rest of the article here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in an area where we still pray at public High School (and all other) ball games. Our teachers are mostly Christians and while they may not teach Jesus in the classroom, we still sing Silent Night and have Christmas Pageants in our public schools. However, I have to say, I fully expect satan to rear his ugly head in the near future in regards to this. When that happens, I fully intend to be outspoken and I dare some liberal atheist to cross me or my children. I refuse to have my children taught evolution (they teach it as theory here) and I will not stand for them to have to listen to the lies and filth propagated by hell itself. I am furious that in America we have come to this and I pray that God will deal with these ACLU satan-loving nuts harshly!

12/20/2005 06:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home