Jesus Is Lord, A Worshipping Christian's Blog

Given to the worship of our Lord, Jesus Christ, who came to earth, lived sinless, died as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, was raised from the dead and rules from heaven at the right hand of God. All comments are welcome (keep them civil). You may post questions, prayer request and comments about almost anything. Please sign my guestbook.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". John 14:6

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." John 9:36-37

Jesus is Lord - A Worshipping Christian's Blog has moved. If you are not automatically redirected, please click here.

Jesus is Lord - How To Be Saved

Verse of the Day


Lookup a word or passage in the Bible


BibleGateway.com
Google

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Real Reason Gas Prices are High

OK, I'm going to take a moment to dispel some of the false information that is going on out there concerning why gas prices are so high. I'm not going to post a bunch of figures to back this up with right now because I'm very busy, but if quite a few people demand it, I will nail the figures down and add them later.
Here we go.

The reason that gas prices are up is because of the United State's dependence of foreign oil.
Why are we dependent on foreign oil?
Because we refuse to do any significant drilling domestically and refuse to build new oil refineries.
Why do we refuse to do these things that would help us have enough gas to meet demand?
Because the politicians are afraid of stressing owls, foxes and caribou.
The environmental laws of this country make it virtually impossible to drill or add refinery capacity. In short, we have done this to ourselves.

I keep seeing headlines like "Bush Announces Gas Price Investigation" and "Democrats Quick to Jump on Bush for High Gas Prices". This type of rot really gets my blood pressure up. All this is political hogwash and finger pointing.
We, the self-absorbed American public are to blame.

And Guess What?
It's too late to do anything about it.
That's right. Even if we started drilling and building today, it would take almost 2 years or more for it to even begin to make a difference.

Before you blame one party or the other, take a moment to check the voting record of your congressperson and senator. How did they vote on domestic drilling issues and environmental issues? Might be an eye opener.

If you can't take the time to check out the facts, by the way, then you deserve to be paying at least $3.00 per gallon for gas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home