Jesus Is Lord, A Worshipping Christian's Blog

Given to the worship of our Lord, Jesus Christ, who came to earth, lived sinless, died as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, was raised from the dead and rules from heaven at the right hand of God. All comments are welcome (keep them civil). You may post questions, prayer request and comments about almost anything. Please sign my guestbook.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". John 14:6

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." John 9:36-37

Jesus is Lord - A Worshipping Christian's Blog has moved. If you are not automatically redirected, please click here.

Jesus is Lord - How To Be Saved

Verse of the Day


Lookup a word or passage in the Bible


BibleGateway.com
Google

Monday, December 12, 2005

School's 'Giving Tree' Turns Into 'Giving Counter'

OK...I'm only going to say this once...

CHRISTMAS TREES ARE NOT IN THE BIBLE!!!!

Whew...glad to get that off my chest.
Now don't get me wrong; there is nothing wrong with being a Christian and having a Christmas Tree. I think it adds greatly to the holiday spirit and I have had one up every Christmas for my whole life. I plan on putting one up every Christmas until the Lord calls me Home.

To those people who say that Christams trees are too religious, please see my statement above.

BELLEVUE - School kids at Medina Elementary wanted to help those less fortunate.
The kids and their parents decided on a "Giving Tree." It would have mittens as decorations and the mittens would carry the age and sex of the person getting the present and what they would really like this holiday season.
But the efforts ran afoul of some sensibilities. A parent complained that the tree was a Christian symbol. The principal agreed to remove the tree, but continue the giving effort.
The school is now operating near the Crossroads district of Bellevue as Medina Elementary is being rebuilt.
Near Crossroads, Mike Eddy has a Christmas tree lot.
He says the trees are symbols to him: "Well, for me, it is a very religious thing for me. I'm a Christian man and it is a symbol of Christianity."
Exactly why it's a Christmas symbol is a subject of lot of lofty arguments. But we all call them Christmas trees.
"Well, I was very gently reminded that the tree represents some part of Christianity," Principal Betsy Hill told KOMO 4 News.
The tree, itself, was a nondescript coil of silver with a star on top. The school covered the star with a bow. But that wasn't enough for the critic.


Read the rest of the article here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home