Jesus Is Lord, A Worshipping Christian's Blog

Given to the worship of our Lord, Jesus Christ, who came to earth, lived sinless, died as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, was raised from the dead and rules from heaven at the right hand of God. All comments are welcome (keep them civil). You may post questions, prayer request and comments about almost anything. Please sign my guestbook.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". John 14:6

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." John 9:36-37

Jesus is Lord - A Worshipping Christian's Blog has moved. If you are not automatically redirected, please click here.

Jesus is Lord - How To Be Saved

Verse of the Day


Lookup a word or passage in the Bible


BibleGateway.com
Google

Friday, January 06, 2006

Pat Robertson: Stroke is God's wrath

Sometimes when one thinks something, it is not always best to express those thoughts, even if one does own his own television network. When Christians do this, even if they are correct in their statements, the liberal press is more then happy to make this their "top of the news" report and play it for all it's worth. "Look at those crazy, intolerant, right wing Christians again", they'll say. More damage then good, Pat.

Conservative Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson suggested that Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine punishment for "dividing God's land."
"God considers this land to be his," Robertson said Thursday on his TV program "The 700 Club." "You read the Bible and he says `This is my land,' and for any prime minister of Israel who decides he is going to carve it up and give it away, God says, `No, this is mine."'
Sharon, who ordered Israel's withdrawal from Gaza last year, suffered a severe stroke on Wednesday.
In Robertson's broadcast from his Christian Broadcasting Network in Virginia Beach, the evangelist said he had personally prayed about a year ago with Sharon, whom he called "a very tender-hearted man and a good friend." He said he was sad to see Sharon in this condition.
He also said, however, that in the Bible, the prophet Joel "makes it very clear that God has enmity against those who 'divide my land."'
Sharon "was dividing God's land and I would say woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU (European Union), the United Nations, or the United States of America," Robertson said.


Read the rest of the article here.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother always told me if you cant say something nice......well you know the rest. I dont always agree with that statement, but somebody should mention it to Pat Robertson. He is probably correct in what he is saying (not just in this, but other things he has publicly condemned), but it is best to let everyone draw their own conclusion so as not to make the rest of us Christians look like unfeeling, right-wing nuts. If you smell bad today, should I tell you in front of other people? Or do I just keep my big mouth shut and let everyone else make their own determination about it? He does this sort of thing alot and while I see where he is coming from, I also see he has no regard for how the lost see the Family of God.

1/06/2006 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Mine said the same thing too.
He really does need to be more diplomatic. He can do that and still preach the Word of God.
Mom also said you catch more flies with honey then with vinegar. Not sure what I was supposed to do with a bunch of flies in a big, sticky mess, but I'm sure mom had something in mind when she told me that.
Oh yeah, I am also not saying that Pat Robertson is a fly. Oh, you know what I mean!!

1/06/2006 01:25:00 PM  
Blogger Henry Haney said...

There may be truth in what Robertson says, but he lacks any tact. This is not the time to make such a statement about someone. The media loves it when Robertson gives these soundbites, because they will take it make all Christians seem like insensitive and judgmental idiots.

I think Robertson has some good insights, but I really wish the media wouldn't look to him (or Fallwell for that matter) as spokesmen for the Christian community at large.

Ok- I'm through rambling now- Nice blog BTW- I found you through the Rapture ready message board.

Have a great weekend!
-henry

1/06/2006 02:50:00 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Hi Henry! Thanks for stopping by. Please visit often.
I agree with you completely. I really wish these guys would just use some tact and keep quiet. I agree that they may be right, but c'mom, have some manners and tact already!

1/06/2006 07:14:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I would like to remind my dear brother, Mr. Robertson, about the book of Ephesians, particularly the 4th and 5th chapters. Goodness me! What an example to me about how Christians really are on display! The body has big responsiblities to preserve the truth of the Gospel.

1/07/2006 10:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home