Jesus Is Lord, A Worshipping Christian's Blog

Given to the worship of our Lord, Jesus Christ, who came to earth, lived sinless, died as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, was raised from the dead and rules from heaven at the right hand of God. All comments are welcome (keep them civil). You may post questions, prayer request and comments about almost anything. Please sign my guestbook.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". John 14:6

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." John 9:36-37

Jesus is Lord - A Worshipping Christian's Blog has moved. If you are not automatically redirected, please click here.

Jesus is Lord - How To Be Saved

Verse of the Day


Lookup a word or passage in the Bible


BibleGateway.com
Google

Thursday, April 27, 2006

More Than 1,100 Sex Offenders Nabbed in Nationwide Roundup

Wow, that says a lot about the morality of our country, doesn't it?

WASHINGTON - Authorities have captured the largest number of sex offenders ever nabbed in a single law enforcement effort, federal officials will announce Thursday.
Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and John F. Clark, director of the United States Marshals Service, will detail the results of Operation Falcon II, a seven-day nationwide fugitive roundup, during a press conference in Washington at 1:15 p.m. EDT. Among those arrested during Operation Falcon II were 1,102 violent sexual offenders. The operation was conducted from April 17 through April 23.
The "priority targets" arrested were fugitives wanted for committing sexual offenses and crimes of violence against women, children and the elderly, as well as unregistered convicted sex offenders, according to Justice Department officials.
Others arrested in Operation Falcon II were fugitive gang members and violent offenders wanted for homicide, kidnapping, robbery, burglary, carjacking, weapons offenses, and narcotics sales.
FOX News' Mike Levine contributed to this report.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night my husband and I watched a Dateline special on nabbing sexual predators. If you havent seen it, Dateline sets up shop in a private residence, then they have people on computers who are posing as young girls or boys and they talk to these predators and ask these sickos to meet them at their house. When the men get there, they are greeted by a Dateline reporter who talks to them about why they are preying on young boys and girls. IT TURNS MY STOMACH TO SEE THESE PERVERTS!!!! I never understood how many of these sick people are out there, after watching a couple of these specials, it makes me fear for the safety of my kids. I dont worry about them online, they are small now, but I can regulate what they do online in my home - what concerns me is that there are so many of these people out there - our kids playing in their own backyards and sleeping in their own bedrooms are at risk. It is a sad statement on our world, but my hope is that Jesus will take us soon. I have said it before, but I truly believe there is a special place in hell for those people who harm children.

4/27/2006 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

It is a sad statement about our world and especially about our country.
Instead of calling them sick though, I just call them "evil". Sick implies one can be cured and warrants sympathy. These monsters are just plain evil. Why they think this is in any way OK, I have no idea!
Please come soon, Jesus!

4/27/2006 11:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home