Jesus Is Lord, A Worshipping Christian's Blog

Given to the worship of our Lord, Jesus Christ, who came to earth, lived sinless, died as the ultimate sacrifice for our sins, was raised from the dead and rules from heaven at the right hand of God. All comments are welcome (keep them civil). You may post questions, prayer request and comments about almost anything. Please sign my guestbook.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". John 14:6

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." John 9:36-37

Jesus is Lord - A Worshipping Christian's Blog has moved. If you are not automatically redirected, please click here.

Jesus is Lord - How To Be Saved

Verse of the Day


Lookup a word or passage in the Bible


BibleGateway.com
Google

Friday, January 06, 2006

Special Edition of Rapture Ready's Nearing Midnight

See this special edition of Rapture Ready's Nearing Midnight post for January 5th. Todd and Terry make some very valid observations concerning Hal Lindsey and Trinity Broadcasting Network's (TBN) separation over their censorship of his program about the Middle East back in December. You can find Hal over on Daystar network now.

Jan 5

For this special mid-week update, Todd and Terry have decided to cover the same subject:
Goodbye Lindsey; Hello Harlot Church

When I first heard that the Trinity Broadcasting Network had pulled Hal Lindsey's "The International Intelligence Briefing" program because he was casting Islam in a bad light while favoring Israel, I thought the people disseminating this news had made some terrible mistake. I regard TBN to be riddled with apostasy, but I didn't think they would be willing to make such a giant step in the wrong direction.
Evangelical Christians have always had a pro-Israel stance. Because Arab nations have traditionally sought Israel's destruction, it has been a no-brainer for evangelicals to side with the Jewish state. TBN does not have the option of choosing the middle ground. If take the Arabs' side, you will find yourself cheering the Gog/Arab invasion of Ezekiel 38 and 39.
Jan Crouch, TBN's vice president for scheduling, gave the order to remove Lindsey from the December lineup. She apparently did not feel Hal was fitting into the "love gospel" that they wish to present to the world.
The network first showed its true nature by lying about its reason for removing the show. It said the suspension was simply a traditional hiatus in lieu of Christmas programming. TBN later revised that statement to confirm that they believed Lindsey had "placed Arabs in a negative light."
John Casoria, TBN's general counsel, explained "TBN is a worldwide ministry; we have an entire channel that airs 24 hours a day, seven days a week in Arabic," he said. "We are trying to reach the Islamic world and open a dialogue with them regarding Christ and Christianity. We do not feel that the best witness of Christ is to bash them but rather to show them the nature of Christ - the way Christ said to present himself - and that is through love, understanding and the presentation of the gospel to them."
Lindsey defended himself by saying, "I don't have to cast radical Muslims in a bad light. If the intimidation and persecution of moderate Muslims makes radical Islam look bad, that is because it is bad - not that I 'cast' them in a bad light. But I have never cast the Arabs as a race in a bad light.
"I also seek to show that radical Islam poses the greatest danger ever faced by the United States," he added. "I believe that God called me as 'a watchman on the wall' to warn America and I must obey - although it is sometimes unpopular."
Because of TBN's efforts at censoring him, Lindsey announced he was moving to the Daystar network. It has become a haven for ministries that still believe the Word of God. Unfortunately, Daystar only has a fraction of the audience that Trinity is able to draw.


Read the rest here.
See my post about the separation here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Doesn't really have anything to do with the post or my blog in general.
I recommend that you try reading the Bible.

2/21/2006 10:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home